Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Out of the mouth of Jackson

I have so many things I need to blog about (monster truck show, rodeo, etc.) but I'm lazy and don't want to upload pictures right now, so instead I'm going to write down a few things that Jackson has said lately just so I don't forget:

Sometimes, when we put him to bed, he will knock on his door and ask to come out a few times before he actually goes to sleep. One night, Weston and I both called back to him to get in bed while he was knocking. After we had both told him to go to sleep, Jackson said, "Hey! Don't you be mean!" He likes to tell me this every time I tell him he can't do or have something. Apparently I'm really mean.

Every Sunday after nursery I ask him what he did and what he learned and what songs he sang. He usually tells me he played with cars and learned about Jesus. One Sunday I asked him what song he sang and he said, "The jumping song!" I asked him, "Oh, how does the jumping song go?" He proceeded to jump up and down and yell, "Jumping song! JUUUUUMPING SOOONG!" He now does this with pretty much every word i.e. "Daddy song! DAAAADDDY SOOONG!" etc.

I get asked several times a day if he can "do dishes." He mostly just likes to play with the water in the sink and make a huge mess.

Whenever he says "no" to me it sounds more like "NO-AH!" I wonder where he got that from...

(Warning: potty humor ahead) Every time he poops, he looks in the potty and says, "what's that?!" We have also been playing with play-dough a lot lately, and he likes making snakes (can you see where this is going?) The other day, he pooped in the potty, turned around and looked at it, and said, "I made a snake! I made a snake in the potty!"

Whenever Weston sings, Jackson puts his hands over his ears and says, "Daddy hurt my ears." haha Maybe he should be an American Idol judge.

Post Edit: Oh, I almost forgot. The other day, I had Jackson on my lap, putting on his shoes. He decided it would be a good idea to swing his head back and hit me right in the eye. I now have a nice shiner on my right eye. So, if you see me, don't worry I am not a victim of spousal abuse, it's just my two-year-old beating me up.



No comments: